desert tour from Marrakech
€295 €285per person
Private Marrakech to Merzouga desert tours 3 days
3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga is by bar the most popular desert tour sold from Marrakech. It is suitable for those who can spare 3 days to discover Morocco Sahara desert with its oases, canyons, sand dunes and nomad or Berber population.
– Admire the amazing scenery of the High Atlas Mountains with a Tizi Ntichka Mountain Pass.
– Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
– Drive past the Valley of the Roses and the Road of 1001 Kasbahs.
– Admire the scenery of the high cliffs of the Todgha Canyons.
– Enjoy a camel ride adventure between the hidden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi.
– Spend the night under the stars at a Saharan desert camp.
– Experience an amazing contrast of scenery during your trip.
Day 1: Marrakech – Boumalne Dades
After breakfast, meet your English speaking driver at your hotel or riad to start your 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga.
Our journey will begin with crossing the High Atlas Mountains driving past one Berber village after another. Upon crossing the peak of Tizi Ntichka, we will continue to the UNESCO world heritage village of Ait Ben Haddou, which is a formation of multiple Kasbahs recently restored and used as a back drop for various movies shot here like Lawrence of Arbia, Gladiator and the Jewel of the Nile.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will continue to Ouarzazate, then to the oasis of Skoura, where we will stop at the Kasbah museum of Amridil, where we will discover the architecture at the Moroccan Kasbahs, the life style of its inhabitants, and the irrigation systems adopten in the Moroccan oases.
We continue to Klaa Mgouna, famous for its Damascus roses cultivation to Dades Valley where we will spend our first night at one the local cosy guest houses.
Day 2: Boumalne Dades – Merzouga
After breakfast, we will continue to the Berber town of Tinghir driving on the road of 1001 Kasbahs.
Upon arrival at Tinghir, enjoy an hour walk in the oasis by the river bank to the canyons of Todgha. After lunch at a local restaurant, we continue to the holy town of Rissani, the birth place of the actual dynasty ruling Morocco.
Time permitting, we might visit the mausoleum of Moulay Ali Cherif, who is the Grand Father of the Alouites from whom, Mohammed VI, the King of Morocco is a descendent.
Mid afternoon, we will continue our journey to Merzouga. Where we will notice a big change in the landscape. Upon arrival, we will meet our camel caravans for a camel trekking adventure through Erg Chebbi sand dunes while admiring a spectacular color changing sunset. We will reach our desert camp just before it gets dark.
Enjoy a Moroccan dinner under the stars, while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums.
Overnight at your private desert camp tent.
Day 3: Merzouga – Marrakech
If you wish, your desert camp hosts will wake you up early for a sunrise watch.
After breakfast, we will star our drive to Ouarzazate, where we will have lunch and continue to Marrakech.
Your 3 days desert trip from Marrakech will end at your riad or hotel late in the afternoon.
– A/C modern 4×4 or minivan driven by an English speaking driver /guide
– Pick up & drop off at your Marrakech hotel / Riad
– Overnight in a Private A/C ensuite room with dinner & breakfast, in 3*** Dades hotel.
– Sunset & sunrise camel ride in Erg Chebbi
– Overnight in a berber Sahara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ), with bonfire, berber music entertainment, and shared bathrooms ( Showers available in the lodge ),including Dinner and breakfast.
– Upgrade to a deluxe desert camp with an ensuite tent ( €70 pp )